Friday, October 4, 2013

Order Something / Command

                                                     COMMAND (Kalimat Perintah)

1.Untuk membuat kalimat perintah kita bisa menggunakan kata “command, order, tell, ask, must, and shall”.

Contoh Kalimat:
My mother commanded me to help her.
(Artinya: Ibuku memerintahku untuk membantunya)

The teacher ordered the students to do the exercise.
(Artinya: guru memerintah murid-murid mengerjakan latihan)
I told you to be quiet.
(Artinya: Saya menyuruhmu diam)

He asked me to open the window.
(Artinya: Dia memerintahku untuk membuka jendela)

You must write the lessson.
(Artinya: Kamu harus menulis/ mencatat pelajaran itu)

You must go home now.
(Artinya: Kamu harus pulang sekarang)

This table shall be cleaned.
(Artinya: Meja ini hendaknya dibersihkan)

This book shall be read together.
(Artinya: Buku ini hendaknya dibaca bersama-sama) Etc.

CATATAN:
Kata “command, order, & tell” merupakan verb (kata kerja). Sedangkan kata “ask” digunakan dalam causative, dan kata “must & shall” merupakan modal auxiliaries.

OFFERING HELP OR THINGS (menawarkan bantuan / menawarkan sesuatu)

Untuk menawarkan bantuan, dapat digunakan ungkapan-ungkapan berikut:
Ø May I help you?
Ø Can I help you?
Ø Could I help you?
Ø How can I be of assistance to you?
Ø How can I be of help to you?
§ What can I help you?
§ What can I do for you?
§ How can I assist you?
§ How can I help you?
§ Let me help you?
§ Do you want me to help you?
§ Shall I …?

Expressing commands

A. Practice the dialogue, to ask someone to do something.
Ardi : It’s hot here. Isn’t it?
Banu : Yes, it is. I think it will help if we open a window.
Ardi : That’s right. Will you open it, please?
Banu : Yes, certainly.
{a minutes later} Ardi : Well, it’s ok now.
Banu : What about using the fan?
Ardi : That’s a good idea. It will be more comfortable. Would you switch it on?
Banu : All right. I’ll try.
Ardi : Does it work?
Banu : Yes, it cooler now.


Expression
Responses
® Can you close the window?
® Could you leave the door open, please?
® Would you please give me a hand?
® Would you mind going outside for a moment?
® Would you mind not touching the TV?
Positive responses:
® Of course.
® Ok/All right.
® Sure.
® Not at all.
® certainly.

Negative responses:
® I am sorry I....
® Certainly not.
® Of course not.

B.Contoh Soal dan Pembahasan


1. Sinta : Mom, would you please teach me how to make nasi goreng?
    Mother : ... Let’s go to the market. We have to buy the ingredients first.
A.      I’m sorry I can’t.                                               C. Certainly.
B.      No, thanks.                                                         D. I’m not sure.
Pembahasan:
“Let’s go to the market” menunjukkan bahwa ibu mengajak Sinta untuk berbelanja bahan-bahan
Untuk membuat nasi goreng sebelum mereka membuatnya. Jawaban yang tepat adalah pilihan (C)
Jawaban: C
2. “Would you mind not closing the window?”
    The sentence has the same meaning with.......
A.      Do not close the window, please.
B.      Close the window, please.
C.      The window must be closed.
D.      Don’t open the window, please.
Pemgbahasan:
“Would you mind not closing the window” mempunyai arti yang sama dengan “Do not close the window, please.”Jawaban yg tepat adalah pilihan (A)
Jawaban :A

soal
                                       

Write the correct word on the line that will complete the sentence.
• Pleasure
• appreciate
• your
• pardon
• door
• thank
• me
• need
• don’t
• bags
• assistance
• mention
• having
• would
• my
• assist
• help
• some
• for

1. ________ you like some help?
2. ________ me ma’am, do you need help with your bags?
3. Excuse ________, could you help me with my luggage?
4. Pardon me, do you ______ any assistance opening the door?
5. I’m having trouble getting this safe open. Could you _______ me?
6. _______ mention it ma’am. It was my pleasure.
7. Would you like some help with ________ luggage?
8. _______ you so much for your help?
9. Thanks, I really _______ your help?
10. Don’t _________ it sir, it was my pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment